Your Best Looking Lawn Starts Now: 2023 Aeration and Overseeding Season Is Here!
Aeration and seeding are essential practices in lawn and turf management that offer several benefits. Aeration involves perforating the soil to allow better air,water and nutrient penetration while seeding adds new seed to existing turf. Benefits of these include
- Enhanced Seed Germination: Aeration creates ideal conditions for seed-to-soil contact, increasing the chances of successful seed germination.
- Improved Seeding Establishment: Aeration provides young grass seedlings with better oxygen,water and nutrients, leading to stronger and healthier growth.
- Thicker and Lush Lawns: Overseeding introduces new grass varieties, filling in thin or bare spots and combined with aeration, it encourages overall turf density and lush appearance.
- Reduces soil compaction:Aeration loosens are Northeast Ohio clay and sandy soils, allowing roots to spread easily, leading to healthier grass growth.
- Improved Disease Resistance: Aeration helps to reduce the chance of disease by improving airflow and reducing excess moisture in the turf.
- Weed Suppression: Overseeding competes with weed growth, reducing the opportunity for weeds to establish themselves in the lawn.
In conclusion aeration and overseeding is one of the most beneficial services we provide our communities. We are always happy to answer any questions. Feel free to shoot us a text at 330-296-8873
At Portage Turf Specialists we have a variety of options for our customers to improve their lawns with aeration including
- Aeration and Standard Overseeding: This allows us our customers to fill in thin areas with an industry standard overseeding.
- Aerations and Premium Overseeding : A premium overseeding allows us to seed the lawn at triple the rate of a standard overseeding with a drought and insect resistant seed. This is a great option for new builds as well as lawns which may have had significant insect damage.
- Aerations Only: This is a great option for customers who are looking for basic lawn maintenance but still want to ensure their lawn is taken to the next level. Aeration is one of the most impactful things we can do for our lawns in Northeast Ohio.
- Compost Booster : This organic matter is applied late in the season and helps to break down the soil over the course over the winter. This is option can be done in addition to aeration or as a substitute for homeowners who don’t want to mark irrigation or underground dog fences
The Portage Turf Difference
A happy lawn is a healthy lawn and at Portage Turf Specialists we have professional lawn care services to promote healthy environments. We tailor every one of our professional services to a lawn’s specific needs, and our goal is to maintain natural beauty while reducing the negative environmental impacts of traditional methods. Starting from the roots up our methods combine the best in traditional and organic methods to provide a greener approach. Our professional, state-certified technicians evaluate every lawn and tailor a specific fertilization program to help build better soil conditions without over-saturating your entire lawn with unnecessary chemicals. This allows a stronger root structure to build in the lawn allowing for a darker, thicker, and most importantly healthier looking turf.
Don't Forget About Your Trees and Shrubs
Buy 3 Services Get 1 Free
Buy 3 Services Get 1 Free
Fertilizing trees and shrubs is important because it provides essential nutrients that these plants need to grow, develop, and thrive. Trees and shrubs require a variety of nutrients, including nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as other micronutrients like iron, magnesium, and zinc. These nutrients are vital for the plants’ photosynthesis, root development, and overall health.
Fertilizing can also help to improve soil quality by replenishing nutrients that may have been depleted over time. This is particularly important in areas where the soil is naturally poor or where trees and shrubs have been growing for a long time.
Proper fertilization can also help to prevent pest and disease problems, as healthy plants are less susceptible to these issues. Additionally, well-fed plants can produce more and larger blooms, fruits, and foliage, which can improve the overall appearance of your garden or landscape.
Overall, fertilizing trees and shrubs is an important aspect of plant care that can help to promote their growth and health, enhance their beauty, and protect them from various problems.
These value assets are often overlooked and neglected. Learn more about how Portage Turf Specialists can help protect trees and shrubs today!